International Women's Day 2021: #ChooseToChallenge

 


President Biden has raised his hand to #choosetochallenge by creating a new White House Gender Policy Council which takes "aggressive" action by ensuring human rights on issues regarding gender equality and LGBT+ equality, nondiscrimination and physical safety for both, including in educational settings! These 2 orders will be signed today. The first addresses gender equality and equal opportunity while the second aims to "guarantee education free from sexual violence" and harassment. I like the way this is tackling "discrimination based on multiple factors" eg like me, being lesbian and having a background rooted in a different nationality/race eg Czech/Slav. And in my case, my Czech name gives it away which means I can suffer related racial, political and religious discrimination, despite being British! 

Quotes and source article:

Comments